Spring cleaning, organizing and redecorating nabbing my attention.........
Clearing my clutter clears the energy in our space, makes room for life and
space for what is new or yet to come.
(Barefoot last spring, we have amazing beautiful cherry trees around our home.)
Spring is here, the days are longer and brighter, finally. I am in a reinvent, redecorate, purge, recreate and need some change in my world mode. My husband and I have been furniture shopping and we (mostly me) have been redefining how we want to live in our home, how we want it to feel and look, what needs to go and what can stay. So first I have been trying to clear the clutter, I am an artist and I gather. I need breathing room, so I am simplifying, an ongoing process. To redecorate I need to purge.
My Personal guide for releasing stuff:
- #1 - Set a timer, 30 minutes, 1 hour. This is a must for me when I am in purge or even clean mode, it keeps me from getting over whelmed and loosing focus. (I always do this.)
- Would I buy this______ now? This is my first number one question, easy for me to release things when I answer this. If I am still in question.........
- Do I really love this?
- How does it make me feel?
- Does it fit in with my current style? If it is a true treasure pack it away to find later.
- Is the object just taking up space or does it have a good memory, remind me of a wonderful vacation.